Chakras are subtle energy centers in the psychical body. Life force travels through these channels and represents “stairway to consciousness”. Understanding chakras as tools for personal growth and identifying mantras that can help open the energy within each wheel is important for every practitioner of yoga.
- Muladhara is the root chakra. Lam is the cleansing mantra which keeps us grounded and linked to the earth and eliminates fear.
- Svadhisthana is the second chakra. Vam is the cleansing mantra which is associated with pleasure and creativity.
- Manipura is the third Chakra. Ram is a mantra that will increase your ability to stand up for yourself, control negative impulses, and exercise greater self-control.
- Anahata is the fourth chakra. Yam mantra corresponds to the heart center and the ability to give and receive love.
- Vishuddha is the fifth chakra. Ram mantra will open a throat chakra so that the communication energy can flow strongly.
- Ajna is the sixth or the third-eye chakra. It relates to knowledge, wisdom and intuition. Mantra Om brings our course of life to a purpose and passion. Short Mantras look beautiful on Personal Mantra Earrings.
- Sahasrara is the seventh or crown chakra. Ah mantra connects us to the experience of the Infinite. This mantra is the “mother of all", from whom evolve all other mantras.
Choose one word mantra or the chakra name for your Personal Mantra Anklet.